Since their introduction, stand-up pouches have managed to gain the attention of packaging suppliers from several sectors. Different companies use these pouches because they offer many benefits to the customer along with inimitable branding possibilities. There are various advantages offered by stand-up pouches, which include:
- Stand up pouches are prepared from extremely durable material which cannot be crushed, damaged or smashed the way cardboard, plastic, or glass can.
- These packets protect the contents from coming into contact with air or dust, thereby increasing the shelf life of the product.
- Standup pouches do not take much space in landfills, thus being ecologically better than cardboard boxes or glass bottles.
- The manufacturing cost of standup pouches is far less than the cost involved in making boxes or bottles. Each pouch costs just a few cents, which means that these pouches save a lot of money in packaging.
- With the addition of a few special features (like zippers, spouts, top holes, and tear notches etc), they can be used to store a variety of contents. This makes them very versatile.
- They are very durable and don’t get torn or pierced easily. This is why they are a great option to store chocolates/candies and pet food.
It is because of all these advantages that standup packaging has replaced conventional packaging methods.